Tom has worked in the hospitality and security industry for over 22 years and has held a variety of different positions, giving him a dynamic skill set. I was the General Manager/Consultant for Yost Theater 2011-2012, Chateaux Restaurant 2011, Ten Restaurant Group and Red Nightclub and 8eighty8 Nightclub 2008-2011 which was the most successful nightclub/restaurant in Orange County, prior to that he served as partner and General Manager of Rudy’s Pub & Grill(2006-2007). Then have previously helped launch such venues as Minxx (Las Vegas, Consultant), Charley Brown’s (Florida, Consultant), DP’s Sports Bar (1991-1993 Manager)and Louie Louie’s(security). He also been the owner of Tiki Bar 1993-2003, Specialty Glass & Mirror and Platinum Security Services 1997-2005 a successful Orange County based Security Company for 8 years. His extensive business knowledge in Restaurant/Bar/Nightclub Industries as well as a security background which will ensure a safe, fun, and successful environment for all parties involved.
• Organizing concerts with general strategies.
• Manage the growth of the club’s long-range and yearly plans.
• Expand and administer a sound organizational plan.
• Establish a basic staff strategy; monitors and initiates strategies connecting to staff measures and preparation and specialized improvement programs.
• Examine financial declarations, handle cash flow and establish controls to safeguard funds.
• Offer recommendations of any concerning alterations, resources, maintenance, construction, supplies, equipment and services not offered in accepted plans and budgets.
• Implement general strategies.
• Properly handle every feature of the club’s actions to make sure and keep the quality of services and products offered through the club.
• Manage every aspect of the functions of the club like making sure the club is fully running successfully and meets every principles each night to consist of implementation of guest interaction, beverage and food, service, atmosphere and cleanliness.
• Organize reports.
• Contribute in exterior actions that are judged as suitable and permitted through the owners to enhance the prestige of the club; widens the scope of the club’s function through satisfying the public compulsions of the club.
• Establish and approve work techniques, workloads and presentation principles.
• Document all employee infractions.
• Serve as liaison among all administration employees and management.
• Write strategy and rule directives or endorses those written through division heads.
• Full Profit and Loss responsibility
• Develop key online following of reviews, recommendations, and loyal past customers.
• Hold weekly team meetings.
• Perform weekly and monthly accounting duties including payroll, revenue reports, sales and adv deposit reports, and EOM closing.
• Management of overall labor cost.
• Hire, train, and monitor FOH guest services team
• Expand keep and disseminates a basic administration philosophy to lead every club staff toward optimal working outcome and staff morale.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skill.
• Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to teach and coach others.
• Knowledge of ideas and standards.
• Hands-on Management Style.
• Understandings of restaurant and nightclub business.
• Strong understanding of financial statements.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to relate to a diverse set of team members and clients.
Experience in leading a team of managers. Must be able to delegate and hold others accountable.
• Able to recognizing complex evils and appraising connected information to increase and assess alternatives and apply solutions.
• Attaining and seeing to the suitable employ of equipment, facilities, and resources required to do sure work.
Once again, thank you for your contribution to the show and for the advice and book. Your input was one of the highlights of the week for me. Hope to speak with you again!Shannon Dobbs5 Star Saloon
During my research of building a bar I was fortunate to come in contact with Chris Lenahan from Excellent Bars. I viewed all his youtube videos and said to myself wow this guy really knows his stuff! So I decided to contact Chris for some assistance. Chris is the best! He reviewed my prints and put together a drawing that I was able to give to the architect. Chris promptly addressed all my problems and concerns. His extensive knowledge of the bar industry gave me a great education on construction and efficiency. He went above and beyond!! I really appreciate what you did for me Chris, keep up the good work. You sincerely are a gentleman.Best of luck to you and your family and thanks again!!
I would like to thank you for the fantastic book which covered almost 60% of my ideas and plans, the other 40% was an eye opener with great details and well researched market. I read your book straight away after downloading up to 165 pages and it has put a smile on my face for some reason
I was wondering if you would have time to provide input on the layout of the bar equipment behind the bar, I have no problem paying for your expert advice. I saw you in Las Vegas at a seminar as was very impressed with your knowledge in the industry.Andy McAnallyMac's Sports Grill
It is to my knowledge that you are one of the person in this industry who has no comparison. You are a excellent designer, mentor and a perfect complete package in this industry. I am very much willing to get your concepts in this part of the world in order to make you renowned here as well as help me make my project a great success. I have always had a dream of providing people in this part with the best service they deserve when they are out for some entertainment. I am very new to this industry so i want a renowned and skilled person like you to help me out with this crisis. I would look forward to your positive response on this matter.
I received your e-book yesterday and I’m already halfway through it. Cheers to you for putting this out. As an aspiring bar owner, I was hooked to your book in the first paragraph. Yes, my self interview begins with "My dream has always been to....".Brad PaulikChief EngineerPrism Hotels